Guisadong Sayote. is a sauteed chayote vegetable.
Just make sure that you don't overcook your vegetables to retain its sweetness.
- 2 pieces of chayote, julienned
- 1 piece carrot, juliened
- ¼ kilo ground pork
- 1 piece large onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 piece tomato (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon finely ground pepper corn
- Patis (fish sauce) for seasoning
- 1~2 cups water.
Recipe Cooking Procedure:
- In a deep pan, sauté garlic, onion and tomato.
- Add the ground pork and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Season with patis according to taste.
- Add chayote, mix and have it covered. Cook to at least 2 minute or until vegetable are half done.
- Serve while still hot and vegetable are crispy.