Gatang Kalabasa (squash) at Sitaw (string beans) is vegetables stewed in coconut milk. We usually add shrimp and/or crab to enjoy a seafood flavor.
I like this dish so much - everything in it nutritious and healthy delicious. Try it.
1 cup kakang gata (first press coconut milk extract)
1 cup gata (2nd press of coconut milk extract, normally diluted with water)
½ kilo crab or ¼ kilo of medium size shrimps
3 tablespoon bagoong na alamang (sautéed shrimp paste)
2 cups slices of squash
1~2 cups string beans, cut into two inch long
1 inch ginger root (julliened)
5 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 tbsp cooking oil
Patis (fish sauce) for additional seasoning
1. In a deep pan, sauté garlic, ginger and bagoong alamang
2. Add crab (or shrimp) and stir fry for about a minute.
3. Add coconut milk and bring it to simmer.
4. Add squash and string beans. Continue cooking until vegetable becomes tender.
5. Check the taste and adjust by adding patis.
5. Serve hot.