Ginataang Kalabasa (squash) at Sitaw (string beans) is vegetables stewed in coconut milk. We usually add shrimp and/or crab to enjoy a seafood flavor.
I like this dish so much - everything in it nutritious and healthy delicious. Try it.
- 1 cup kakang gata (first press coconut milk extract)
- 1 cup gata (2nd press of coconut milk extract, normally diluted with water)
- ½ kilo crab or ¼ kilo of medium size shrimps
- 3 tablespoon bagoong na alamang (shrimp paste)
- 2 cups slices of squash
- 1~2 cups string beans, cut into two inch long
- 1 inch ginger root (julliened)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Patis (fish sauce) for additional seasoning
Recipe Cooking Procedure:
- In a deep pan, sauté garlic, ginger and bagoong alamang
- Add crab (or shrimp) and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add coconut milk and bring it to simmer.
- Add squash and string beans. Continue cooking until vegetable becomes tender.
- Check the taste and adjust by adding patis.
- Serve hot