Your fried fish need not to be dry! One thing that you can do is stewed the fried fish with red tomato slices, onions, eggs and a little of water.
This recipe works not only for freshly fried fish but also for left overs. You'll be glad this will turn out to be a mouth-watering dish. Try it!
1/2 kilo fish of your choice :
*milk fish, mackerel, dalagang bukid, tuna, others
3 pieces ripe tomatoes
1 bulb red onion
4 cloves garlic
1 piece egg
1 cup water
1 cup cooking oil (for frying)
Salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
1. Rub salt on the fish and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat cooking oil and fry the fish until color change to golden brown. Set aside.
3. Remove used oil and clean the wok.
4. On same pan, heat 2 tablespoon of cooking oil and sauté garlic, onions and tomatoes.
5. When tomatoes are already soft, add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil. This will create the sarciado sauce.
6. Add the fried fish on the sauce and simmer for about 3 minutes. Cover the pan.
7. Season with salt and pepper to your desired taste. Note, taste first the sauce before adding your salt. Remember we already rub salt to the fish before frying.
8. Beat the eggs and add on the simmering sauce. Spread the egg evenly with the use of fork.
9. Cook for at least a minute and it is done.
10. Serve hot.