Your fried fish need not to be dry! One thing that you can do is stewed the fried fish with red tomato slices, onions, eggs and a little of water.
This recipe works not only for freshly fried fish but also for left overs. You'll be glad this will turn out to be a mouth-watering dish. Try it!
- 1/2 kilo fish of your choice :
- milk fish
- dalagang bukid
- 3 pieces ripe tomatoes
- 1 bulb red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 piece egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooking oil (for frying)
- Salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
Recipe Cooking Procedure:
- Rub salt on the fish and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat cooking oil and fry the fish until color change to golden brown. Set aside.
- Remove used oil and clean the wok.
- On same pan, heat 2 tablespoon of cooking oil and sauté garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- When tomatoes are already soft, add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil. This will create the sarciado sauce.
- Add the fried fish on the sauce and simmer for about 3 minutes. Cover the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to your desired taste. Note, taste first the sauce before adding your salt. Remember we already rub salt to the fish before frying.
- Beat the eggs and add on the simmering sauce. Spread the egg evenly with the use of fork.
- Cook for at least a minute and it is done.
- Serve hot.