Atsarang labanos is a pickled radish. It goes well with my lechon kawali or fried fish recipes. The sweet-sour taste of this condiments really improves the flavor of the food.
I always have this stuff in my refrigerator so that every time I crave, it is always there. Why not try this making Atsarang Labanos?
- 2 pcs - medium size radish
- 1 pc - ripe tomato
- 1 pc - medium size onion (sliced)
- 1 cup - white vinegar
- 1 cup - sugar
- 1/2 cup - salt
Recipe Cooking Procedure:
- Peel radish skin then slice crosswise into thin slices.
- Put radish in big bowl and sprinkle with ½ cup of salt. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes. Its juice will come out naturally. This process is to remove the pungent taste of the radish.
- Rinse radish with water and drain.
- Cut tomato and remove the seeds. Slice it into wedges.
- In a bowl, mix vinegar and sugar. Blend well. (Note: You may vary the volume of sugar depending on the acidity of the vinegar.)
- Put it in a glass container and refrigerate. Best served the following day.